One of the most beautiful wide-aisled late Gothic churches in South Germany, built 1448-1499 to plans by Nikolaus Eseler and incorporating a romanic tower porch (1220-30). Inside eleven pairs of columns support a vaulted roof with an intricate pattern. Neo-Gothic high altar (1892), with shrine dating from around 1490, crucifixion scene. Highly decorated side altars: St. Sebastian's Altar (around 1520) and Holy Trinity Altar (around 1500). In the 17th century the famous Pièta was visited by many pilgrims. Worth seeing: font, pulpit and tabernacle (15th century); tablet depicting the ten commandments (around 1520); stonework of the 'pretzel' window in the south choir, donated by the bakers' guild and coopers. On the outside: slab in memory of Nikolaus von Dinkelsbühl; memorial to Christoph-von-Schmid. From the tower of the Minster there is a beautiful view over the historic town.